Monday, May 11, 2009

A Bride's Best Friends

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and what a blessing it was to be with my mother and have both my younger brother and little sister home to celebrate. The two ladies in the photo below are the two most important women in my life. The gorgeous woman in the middle is my mother and the beautiful lady on the other side of her is my baby sister, AKA, my maid of honor. I had planned on writing about my mom and Mother's Day weekend, and today I was even more inspired. Today I met three of the most phenomenal ladies, ever!! These three ladies reminded me of the relationship between myself, my mom, and my little sister. The ladies that I met were a mom and her two lovely daughters, who completely blew me away. The love, care, and respect that the three of them had for one another, truly, warmed my heart. Throughout life, there is nothing like having a mother as your best friend! For me, there is nothing like having my mother as a best friend. We go throughout our day, going to work, wedding planning, making deadlines, and quite frankly, being caught up in our own worlds. Today, my eyes were opened wide, to the many spectacular souls that surround us everyday. I saw in those lovely ladies, me and my family, many years ago....I was around the age of 16 when I first fell in love and wondered, in so many ways, what the future would hold. I was just beginning to discover myself and discover what love really was. Today, I am all grown up, and I have found the love of my life, who at 16, I didn't even know his name. I looked at this mother and her two daughters today, knowing that true love does exist and it can either be standing next to you on a daily basis or it is out there,waiting to be found......nameless, precious, priceless, and one of a kind.


Myself, Mother, & Sister

1 comment:

  1. She is your mom?! She totally looks like your sister, hands down! You are all gorgeous and you are so lucky to have them!!

    ReplyDelete